This is an amazing red curry recipe that will delight your taste buds and your health. It has the spicy bite of red curry, the cooling sensation of coconut milk and the creaminess of peanut butter. Served with the most amazing sweet potato dish you have ever tasted. the balance between the fresh lime juice and the sweet potatoes is incredible.
Chicken thighs- 1# trim fat, diced
Yellow onion- 1 each diced
Red bell pepper- 1 each diced
Ginger- 1 tbsp minced
Garlic- 2 tbsp minced
Red curry paste – 2 tbsp
Peanut butter- 1 tbsp (your favorite)
Coconut milk- 1 can (any)
Cilantro- ½ bunch, minced
Sweet potato- 1 pound peeled diced
Limes- 1 each
1PL8 Herb Salt- to taste
Fresh black pepper- to taste
Smoked Paprika- to taste
Olive oil- 1 tbsp
Lime Sweet potato
1. Peel potato and dice in uniform sizes. (Uniform size is important for even cooking) Place cut pieces in room temperature water and bring to boil then lower heat immediately to a low simmer. Place lid on top and cook for @ 14 minutes.
2. When cooked drain water and smash with fork and keep warm.
3. Roll and cut in ½ the lime and squeeze juice into sweet potato mash, taste and add more if needed.
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika, mix well, and let sit.
2. Heat pan on medium heat until hot, then add olive oil.
3. Add chicken to pan and let sit, do not stir, or move chicken, let sit for @ 4-5 minutes.
4. Stir chicken and add onions and let sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add bell peppers, stir well, and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the ginger and garlic and stir well, enjoy the amazing fragrance coming from the pan at this point.
7. Add the red curry paste and stir in well.
8. Add the coconut milk and mix all ingredients well. Bring to a boil then down to a simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes and remove from heat.
9. Stir in the cilantro taste and serve with lime sweet potato or your favorite rice or pasta.