This soup produces a meal that is full of flavor and power packed with nutrition. It is not only a healthy nutritious soup but a filling meal. This healthy soup is filled with vegetables, chicken, beans, herbs and spices. The great thing about this healthy delicious nutritious soup is it customizable. We made it where you can interchange your favorite vegetables and spices to make it your own. You can use fish, shellfish, turkey and just keep it all vegetarian, either way you choose it will be health nutritious and delicious. Not only will your family love the flavor, but your wallet will love the cost savings.
Chicken- breast or thigh- 1 piece roughly chopped
Black Eyed Peas- 4 cans drained and rinsed
Onions- 1 diced
Dried rosemary- 2 tbsp (can exchange for favorite dried herb)
Bell Pepper- 1 diced (red, green, orange, your choice)
Garlic- 2 tbsp minced
Fresh ginger- 1 tbsp grated
Whole grain brown rice- 1 cup (instant ok)
Frozen green beans- 8 ounces
Canned tomatoes- 2
1PL8 Herb Salt- to taste
Fresh black pepper- to taste
Olive oil- 1 tbsp
Water- as needed
1. Start warming your pot on medium- medium high heat.
2. Add olive oil and let heat for 1 minute.
3. Add the onions and season with a small amount of herb salt. Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until brown.
4. Add the rosemary and chicken and mix well. Chef Tip: if the bottom of the pot begins to get to dark, add a small amount of water or stock.
5. Add the peppers and mix well.
6. Add the rice and stir well to incorporate.
7. Add the black-eyed peas and mix well.
8. Add the water and bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer immediately. Chef Tip: boiling is not recommended because the outside of the ingredients would be overcooked and mushy. You want a slow slimmer to cook evenly.
9. Cover with a lid and set timer for 10 minutes of simmering.
10. Add the tomatoes and garlic and stir well.
11. Grate in the fresh ginger and stir to incorporate well.
12. Add the green beans, mix well. Re-season with salt, and pepper, stir and taste.
13. Serve hot or chill immediately for future meals.
Chef Tip: you can add some vinegar, hot sauce, fresh lemon, or lime juice, to enhance the flavor of the soup, without adding salt.