This is an amazing lunch or dinner choice, crunchy, delicious nutritious and full of flavor. You can make this chicken tortilla as full or as lean as you like. It has a spiciness and smokiness that comes from the poblano peppers that is mouthwatering, and the aroma is intoxicating. The avocado gives it a richness and creaminess that soothes the spiciness of the spices and leaves a lingering savory flavor. We made this recipe so you can interchange ingredients and make it your own. You can change out the chicken and add fish, turkey or shrimp. Not a meat eater, just add some amazing mushrooms and keep it all vegetarian, either way the tortilla is delicious nutritious and very healthy.
Chicken breast- 1 each (butterflied open @ 3-4 ounce per portion)
Crunchy corn tortilla- 2 each
Avocado (ripe)- 1 each
Red bell pepper Julienne- 1 each
Onion (yellow/white) Julienne- 1 each
Poblano Julienne- 1 each (optional)
Tomatoes Julienne- 2 each
Sour cream- 1-2 tbsp
Lime zest and juice- 2 each
1PL8 Blackening spice- 1-2 tbsp
1PL8 Herb Salt- 1 tbsp
Fresh ground black pepper- to taste
Romaine lettuce Julienne- 1 cup julienned
Olive oil- 1 tbsp
1. Pre-heat your sauté pan on medium heat, while preheating season your chicken with blackening spice, and pepper.
2. When pan is hot, add the olive oil and then add chicken, let sit on one side without moving for 4-5 minutes, then flip over on other side.
3. Mix the sour cream and lime zest and juice until it has a lime flavor.
4. Using a fork mash, the avocado into a creamy texture, and mix with the lime sour cream, mix until smooth and adjust with salt if needed.
5. When chicken is cooked remove from pan and set aside to rest.
6. Using the same pan add the onions and begin to sauté until light brown, about 8-10 minutes.
7. Add the bell and poblano peppers and sauté for another 5-8 minutes.
8. Season with salt and fresh pepper and taste, add the tomatoes to just warm them.
9. Slice the chicken into strips.
10. Place a layer of avocado cream down first then add chicken, peppers and onions mix, and finally lettuce.