This meal is so fancy looking but is extremely easy to prepare. Using fall root vegetables like acorn squash and some delicious sweet potatoes we roast them to an amazing tender doneness. Our chicken comes out of the oven with a delicate crispy topping. The savory broccoli contrasts the sweetness of the roasted acorn squash and sweet potatoes. All our recipes are made with your health and wellness in mind, as well as your financial health and wellness. These are full of flavor and delicious but also cost effective for a family of 4 or 5. Change the vegetables and add your favorite root vegetables.
Chicken breast – 2 cut in ½
Mustard- 1 tbsp (your favorite)
Puff pastry - 1 sheet
Broccoli- 1 cup each
Cherry tomatoes- 2 cups cut in ½
Acorn squash- 1 peeled and diced
Sweet potatoes – 2 peeled and diced
1PL8 Italian Seasoning- 1 tbsp
1PL8 Herb Salt- to taste
Fresh black pepper- to taste
Olive oil- 2 tbsp
1. Season the 4 pieces of chicken with 1PL8 herb salt and black pepper. Brush mustard over the tops of the chicken so the puff pastry will stick.
2. Make sure the puff pastry is at room temperature and roll it out a little, with a rolling pin.
3. Cut the puff pastry in 4 pieces and cover each piece of chicken with 1 piece of puff pastry.
4. Score each piece of pastry with your favorite design, but do not cut through the pastry.
5. In a bowl toss the acorn squash and the sweet potatoes together with some olive oil and 1PL8 Italian Seasoning. Mix well
6. Place the potatoes and acorn squash on the same sheet pan with the chicken and roast in a preheated hot 425-degree oven for 30 minutes.
7. While chicken cooks boil 1 gallon of water and add 2 tbsp of salt to it. Chef Tip: wait until the last 5 minutes of cooking for the chicken before cooking the broccoli. This will ensure everything is ready to be served at the same time.
8. Add your broccoli pieces and let boil for 3 minutes.
9. Remove from water and toss with cut cherry tomatoes.
10. When chicken is done remove from oven and serve hot.
11. Enjoy your meal with people you love.