WHERES THE MEAT? Not here, this is totally vegetarian at its finest, full of flavor nutrition and textures. It is truly an exciting meal that doesn't need the meat for protein, we have exchanged it for Quinoa. This is a dish that will deliver on all fronts like, health and wellness, flavor, texture, colors, and nutrition. We always try to make our recipes customizable, and this isn't any different, you can exchange some of the vegetables we have with some of your favorites. Just try and use some that you haven't used before, experiment and taste the difference.
Quinoa- 1 cup
Frozen green peas- 1 cup
Yellow onion- 1 diced
Orange bell pepper- 1 diced
Garlic- 2 tbsp minced
Zucchini- 1 diced
Yellow Squash- 1 diced
Green onion- 1 cup sliced evenly
Eggplant- 1 cup diced
1PL8 Herb Salt- to taste
Cayenne- 1 tsp
Turmeric- 1 tsp
Fresh black pepper- to taste
Olive oil- 1 tbsp
Green Pea Quinoa
1. Bring 1.5 cups of water to a boil and add cayenne, turmeric, and herb salt to water. Chef Rich Tip: Make sure to taste the liquid, if the water taste good the quinoa will also taste good.
2. When starting to boil add the quinoa all in one shot, stir well and turn down the heat to a simmer.
3. Cover and let simmer for 15-18 minutes, Chef Rich Tip: make sure to set the timer.
4. When timer goes off, taste to make sure doneness is good, if good remove from heat and add the peas and cover again. Let sit for 5 more minutes and stir well.
5. Set aside keep warm and ready to serve or remove from pot and place in fridge to cool for future meals.
1. Begin heating your pan, on medium to medium high. Chef Rich Tip: Do not add oil into hot pan until you are ready to add food. Doing so can cause your oil to burn in the pan.
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to pan and add the onions. Season with 1 tsp of each cayenne, herb salt and turmeric. Chef Rich Tip: Control the heat if you see pan getting dark then turn down the heat to medium. If the pan is still too hot, add ¼ cup of water, this will cool pan and prevent burning onions.
3. Allow onions to cook and brown for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the bell peppers and stir to incorporate with onions. Sauté for 3 minutes.
5. Add the zucchini, and squash, stir well to incorporate and sauté 2 minutes.
6. Add the eggplant and stir well, sauté for 2 minutes.
7. Add the garlic and stir well, enjoy the amazing fragrance coming from the pan at this point.
8. Add the tomatoes and mix in well.
9. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender but firm and tomatoes have broken down into a nice sauce.
10. Taste and re-season, if necessary, remove from heat and serve. You can use green onion as garnish or add to dish and stir in right before serving.
11. Place quinoa down then spoonful of vegetable mix on top. Enjoy