Have you ever wanted to travel, but don't have the money or time? We are going to take you on many exciting and healthy tours around the world never leaving our kitchens. Our recipes will give you the flavors and textures of these places, allowing you to experience a new culture and cuisine. Our Herbaceous stew has its origins from Persia, and it is so delicious and healthy. Our flatbread doesn't require you to be a baker either, it is so simple to make you will want to make it all the time.
Chicken breast- 1# diced
Onion- 1 each diced
Ground turmeric- 1 tbsp minced
Green onion- 6 ounces
Fresh parsley – 2 cups minced
Fresh Cilantro- 1 ½ cups minced
Garlic ground- 1-2 tbsp
Chicken stock- 4 cups (water, vegetable or beef stock can be used)
Kidney beans- 1 can drained and rinsed
1PL8 Herb Salt- to taste
Fresh black pepper- to taste
Whole wheat flour- 2 cups
Water- 1 cup or as needed
Fresh rosemary- 1 tbsp
Baking powder-1 tsp
Olive oil- 1 tbsp
Rosemary flat bread
1. In a bowl mix the flour, salt, baking powder and rosemary thoroughly.
2. Add the olive oil and water and begin mixing. Chef Tip: this can be done by hand or with a stand mixer using the dough hook.
3. When dough is fulling incorporated then remove from bowl and place on table and knead by hand for about 10-12 minutes. If using machine 5-8 minutes should be ok. Dough will be good when not sticky or when pressed down rises back.
4. Now sit and let rest for 15-30 minutes. This will allow the gluten to rest and make it easier for the dough to be rolled out.
Chicken and Bean Stew
1. Heat pot on medium heat until hot, then add olive oil.
2. Add the onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown or translucent.
3. Add the turmeric and mix well to incorporate with the onions. Chef Tip: whatever moisture or fat in the pan will be absorbed by the turmeric, so the possibility of burning is high, make sure you have your stock or water nearby to add, just in case it begins to get to dark. Just add half cup of water if needed and stir.
4. Add freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
5. Add chicken the pot and stir, with onions and let sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Sprinkle in garlic and stir.
7. Add the green onion, parsley and cilantro and mix well.
8. Add you water or stock.
9. Add beans and let simmer for 8-10 minutes or until beans are warmed through.
Rosemary Flatbread Part 2
1. Remove dough from bowl and cut into equal portions.
2. Using a rolling pin roll each dough portion out until it is flat around ¼ inch thick. Chef Tip: have a little extra flour in case your dough sticks to your rolling pin or table. Add just a sprinkle not too much.
3. In a hot pan or grill pan, or even grill place the bread down and let sit for 2-4 minutes. It will bubble in some areas, that is ok.
4. Flip over and cook on other side same amount of time.
5. If bread gets to dark lower heat a little.
6. Remove from heat serve or keep warm. Can be held wrapped in airtight container for @3 days.
7. Serve hot with stew and enjoy the health and flavor.