This chicken meal is full of amazing flavor and freshness. We take this regular chicken breast and turn it into a chicken meal that is power packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and other healthy qualities in a delicious meal. Our chili chicken dish is such an easy meal to make for lunch of dinner. The sweet potatoes will contrast the spiciness of the chicken and light up all your tastebuds. We make our recipes customizable so you can make them your own. You can change the vegetables to make them your own.
Sweet potato- 1pound peeled and diced even size
Chicken breast- 1pound
Chili powder- 2 tbsp
Olive oil- 1 tbsp
Radish- 1 bunch washed, sliced thin
Celery- 1.5 cups sliced
Watercress- 1 cup washed
Parsley- ½ bunch roughly chopped
Cherry tomatoes- 2 cups sliced in ½
Orange bell pepper- 1 cut thin
1PL8 Herb salt- to taste
Black pepper- to taste
1. Add the sweet potatoes to your pot with room temperature water and bring to a boil then immediately turn down to a simmer.
2. Simmer potatoes until very tender but not saturated, @ 20 minutes.
3. Begin preheating your sauté pan.
4. Season the chicken with chili powder, herb salt and black pepper.
5. Add olive oil to your pan and place chicken in pan, cook until completely cooked through about 5-6 minutes on each side. (Chef Tip: keep some water or stock nearby just in case bottom of pan gets to dark. If it does get dark just add 2 tbsp of water to cool pan and prevent burning)
6. Remove chicken from pan when cooked and set aside keeping warm.
7. Place all vegetables in at the same time in the sauté pan (peppers, celery, cherry tomatoes, and radishes).
8. Mix well and sauté on medium until vegetables are tender (if bottom of pan gets to dark add 2 tbsp of water).
9. When vegetables are tender add the watercress and mix well to incorporate.
10. Drain potatoes when cooked and mash well.
11. Toss potatoes with a small amount of white balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon or lime juice, if desired.
12. Serve immediately with parsley garnish and enjoy.